Education from the undergraduate to the doctoral level


The bachelor's degree in "Geography and planning" welcomes the largest number of students in IUGA, with 4 specialized tracks available from the 2nd year onwards :
• "Territorial planning"
• "Environment"
• "Geography, space and society"
• "Urban planning"

Professional undergraduate degrees,  taught at the Cermosem campus in the Ardèche department :

• "Heritage tourism product design"
• "Natural attractions and recreational spaces management"
• "Tourism guiding"

Two master's degrees, each with several specializations.

The Master's degree in "Geography, Planning, Environment, and Development" (GAED) offers 7 specialized tracks :
• "Geography, information, interfaces, sustainability, environments" (M1 and M2)
• "Geographies, spaces, people/environment, resources, systems (M2)
• "Territorial development and transition engineering" (M1 and M2)
• "Innovation and territories" (M1 and M2)
• "Property project management " (M1 and M2)
• "International development studies" (M2)
• "Tourism, innovation, transition" (M2)

The Master's degree in "Urban Planning and Development" has 4 specialized tracks:
• "Urban planning and projects" (M1 and M2)
• "Urban Design" (M1 and M2)
• "Urban planning and international cooperation" (M1 and M2 : French language program)
• "International cooperation in urban planning" (M2 : English language program)

The following programs can be taken via degree-granting and continuing education formats (work-study program, professional contract, apprenticeship contract) :
• "Property project management "
• "Urban planning and  projects"
• "Urban planning and international cooperation" (french language program)


Students are welcome to continue their education at the doctoral level at IUGA. Doctoral studies are conducted under two of UGA’s doctoral schools: the Human Sciences, Politics, and Territories (SHPT) school and the Earth, Universe, Environment (TUE) school. Lastly, as a university training and research unit, IUGA is affiliated with several research laboratories through its professor-researchers.